Bookmark

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kristian irr
    Participant

Does anyone know how to make a bookmark to a location on the same webpage? I’ve looked all over and cant figure it out

thanks in advance

kristian irr
    Participant

Maybe my terminology above is incorrect
    I want to hyperlink to a location on the same page

Johannes

if u don´t know coding html use the free plugin tinyMCE advanced. set the settings and amongst others u will find a button in the wordpress editor to set an anchor at the desired location. then link to that anchor with url ‘#anchorname’

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Kristian,

You can add anchors using MotoPress editor too. Please follow these easy steps on how to use it:

1. Select a row and type unique ID
    2. In order to create direct link to this row/section you need to add /# and its unique ID to current link e.g. It is located on Sample Page and link would be as follows http://localhost/sample-page/#lorem_ipsum

Best regards,
    John

James Noe
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been trying for days and can’t get the anchor link. It works on the WP Visual Builder page, but doesn’t once I logout of WP and check the link on my website.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

James Noe
    Participant

What’s confusing is that all the anchor links work on the website when I visit it via my IPhone, but not on my Windows computer using Firefox browser.

Valeriia Bavykina

Hello James!

We could not replicate any issue locally. Which version of the plugin do you use?
    As simple as it might appear, clearing your browser’s cache can help sort out this problem. The reason is, after updating a plugin, codes from the outdated plugin need to be cleared from the browser cache.
    Probably the problem is caused by a third-party plugin. You may try disabling the plugins one by one to see if the issue is gone. If it is not helpful you may also switch to WordPress default theme to make sure the conflict is not caused by your active theme.
    I hope the above is useful to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.