Breaks the_excerpts()

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lee

I want to use the MotoPress content editor on this website dev.macronmusic.com.au but if I edit a post with it, it destroys my excerpts in the “Latest News Section” of the website. The excerpt length is set to 20 but that goes out the window if I edit a post using MotoPress. Any ideas how to resolve this?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

We recommend to define a length of content for excerpt using More tag slider. You can find the slider into top left corner of the Content Editor. Just drag and drop it down to the end point of your brief description.
    more tag
    Or you can set a short description of the post manually if you can’t set it with the “more tag” slider.

• Open the post and check if you have “Excerpt” enabled
    • Scroll down to the Excerpt field and past the text you want to appear as the short description of the post

excerpt option

Best regards,
    John

Lee Firth

I tried that but the whole post ends up in the latest news post.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Lee,

Please try to a solution with Excerpt field. If it is not helpful we would kindly ask you to provide access details by submitting a request.

Best regards,
    John

Johannes

Hi,
    setting a “read-more” tag does not work. There is only one mark at the very beginning and one mark at the very end of the post to fix a “read-more” tag. Take a look: http://jopo.biz/down/more-tag.avi
    Best Regards
    Johannes

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Johannes,

More tag spots appear between the rows. If there is one row on the post the More tag could be but at the beginning or at the end of this row. You should break this row into two rows to put More tag. Or type custom description to Excerpt field.

John Smith

Johannes

Hi,
    but this is not the sense of a “read more” tag! It must be possible, to set this tag inside one row because every new row creates at least one new div so the whole content when opened ist divided up into two divs!? How to deactivate this function?
    Johannes

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Johannes,

Unfortunately the row can not be separated by more tag. In order to deactivate it you should drop more tag pointer to the top position. As I’ve recommended you can type custom description using Excerpt field.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.