Display category description in \"Show menu items\"

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Restaurant Menu Display category description in \"Show menu items\"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stelios

Hi there,<br><br>

1) There is an option to show category description when adding the “Show categories” shortcode, but this option is not available in “Show menu items” shortcode. I really need to display category description below the category name when when showing menu items. Can you please let me know how to achieve this ? I don’t mind editing the plugin and maintain the updates myself….i tried doing this by using something like <?php echo term_description( $term_id, $taxonomy ) ?> but with no luck.<br>
    I would appreciate any help with this.<br><br>

2) Any way to display the menu item description when using the shortcode?(i mean not when viewin the sinle menu item page but when viewing the list)<br><br>

I would really appreciate any help especially with (1) as it is important for us, because we have categories and all the food items under those categories can be served with specific sides(a different selection for each category) so we used the categories description to display those.<br><br>

Thanks in advance

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Stelios,

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately there is no option to get description under category name at Category Page and under the menu item. I’ve added both requests to features list. Probably we’ll enable this in one of our further updates.

Best regards,
    John

pinkISH

You can copy the correct code from one file and paste it into the other file.

The code showing category description is in this file:
    wp-content/plugins/mp-restaurant-menu/templates/shortcodes/category/grid/item.php
    (lines 14 to 24)

You should paste it here:
    wp-content/plugins/mp-restaurant-menu/templates/common/item-taxonomy-header.php
    (at line 13)

Or you can take that code somewhere else and paste it where you need it 🙂

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, since that time we have made it possible to override templates of the plugin. We recommend to follow this guide as it will let you save changes even after plugin update.

Best regards,
    John

Asad Ullah Nusrat.

Hi,

I am using your plugin on to a website.

How I can rewrite the URL as it’s showing something like this.

http://website.com/menu-category/Item/

http://website.com/menu-category/Item-2/

I want to change the menu-category to menu or food etc. I would really appreciate if you let me know how I can do it.

Regards,
    Asad

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Asad,

Unfortunately, there is no such option. But we will keep it in mind for further updates. Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
    Stacy Lind

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.