Some events are not showing when overlapping midnight

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Raduz

Hi,

could you help me with following issue? Some events which are overlapping midnight are not showing in the timetable at all and some are showing correctly. On the other hand, all of them are showing correctly on responsive mode.

Please help!

Thank you.
    Raduz

Raduz

Here is the mentioned program on my webpage: http://www.prahahacomedy.com/shows/

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Raduz,

Please make sure you use latest version of plugin. If it is up to date please specify what exactly events you mean and submit a request providing admin login details.

Best regards,
    John

Raduz

Hi John,

I am using the latest version of the plugin of course. We discuss this problem before here, but without any solution or fix, unfortunately. I am not able to give you admin rights for testing once the website is in the productive state and I am not the owner of the website but I am really prepare to help you ans much as I can.

On the screen1.jpgscreenshot 1 (in the red rectangle) you can see the example of the missing shows in full view.
    On the screen2.jpgscreenshot 2 (in 2 red rectangles) you can see the example of the same shows from previous screenshot in mobile view – they are there.

As I mentioned before, I am sure that the problem occur only when the show overlapping the midnight (e.g. start 13.9. at 23:30 and finish 14.9. at 1:30).

I would like to kindly ask you to take a look at this issue and solve it. It coast me a lot of effort to create this show preview table in all languages on the website (96 shows in original template + 96 shows in your plugin).

Thank you very much and have a nice day.

Raduz

Raduz
    Participant
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Raduz,

Thank you for detailed explanation. We have managed to replicate the issue and will do our best to fix it is soon as it is possible and release a fix in the next update. Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
    John

Raduz

Hello John,

is there any progress in this issue please? The PRAHAha festival start in 1 month and the show overview is still without last row (3 shows are missing there). 🙁

Thank you very much for any kind of information.

Raduz

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Raduz,

We are currently working on this. Unfortunately we can not know exact date of release. I would recommend you to make your event until 23:59 and add true time to event description so it could be seen at TimeTable.
    We are sorry for temporary inconveniences.

Best regards,
    John

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello.

The issue has been resolved. make sure you have update plugin to latest version.

Best regards,
    John

CK

Hello, love your plugin!

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue with Version 2.1.8 (desktop)

The situation:
    A business I am currently developing for has 2 daily events that are scheduled from 14:00-20:00 and from 20:00 to 2:00. The 20:00-2:00 event timetable is only rendering up to 11:59 on the page.

After reviewing the forums and documentation, and before I bug developers, I usually perform some testing for potential or acceptable solutions, which may be helpful to others, but could still be considered “hacks” and not really solving the issue universally. I am open to suggestion as to alternatives I may have overlooked if any come to mind.

Here are some things I explored:
    1. Creating (as suggested earlier) a split event, one for 20:00-23:99, and one for 0:00-2:00 with the same information. This unfortunately becomes very confusing for the end user, having the previous night’s event on a seperate column, above the 1st event of the day.

2.By setting the shortcode to hide_hours=”1″ and time=”1″ it was nearly acceptable, however the longer evening event contains more information in the description and is being deprecated until hovered over. CSS styles could be applied to this event to extend the height, but won’t be dynamic enough to account for future updates of varying lengths, and would conflict with the row size uniformity.

3.Creating additional columns for each event (e.g. Columns: 1. Monday 2PM-8PM, 2. Monday 8PM-2AM, etc.) works OK for the end user but has drawbacks for the editor, and designers. To align properly and avoid a large number of empty cells the events have to be set for the same times, which to be effective requires hiding the time, and placing it in the title, description or subtitle. This method also effectively doubles the width and amount of columns making the table quite crowded in a content window with a max width.

4. Ended up back here…

An option to have extended hours of days in columns would be superb. Maybe a 36 hour datetime range? OR strtotime(“+1 day”); somewhere?

Thanks again for a great plugin and all the hard work.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for your thoughts. At this time our Schedule plugin is considered as one day. We did not add functionality for events that overlaps midnight. But we appreciate your thought and we’ll keep it in mind. Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,
    John

GodFella

I am experiencing the same issue on my website as well.

Any event that starts at 00:00 does not render on desktop but renders/displays well on mobile. This is definitely a strange issue considering that the output is coming from the same timetable.

is there any plan to resolve this seeing that it is definitely replicable by different users?

Also, the plugin shows it is not updated for wordpress 4.8. Any plan to update or has development reach end of life?

Many thanks for providing this valuable resource to the community.

Thanks

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi GodFella,

We are sorry for temporary inconveniences. Today, MotoPress Team has released a new version of the plugin where the issue was resolved. Please, update your plugin to 2.1.9 version. We continuously work on the development of our products and appreciate your suggestions and the shared experiences.

Best regards,
    Stacy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.